Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Company email distribution queue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wilric

wilric

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:03 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:30 AM

This is some software we have been looking for, not sure if i am even looking in the correct place or calling it what it is. We have 12 sales people and everyone has there own email. We have an info and and a sales address as well.

What we are wondering, if there is a package that sends all mail into a queue or list and waits for someone to take responsibility for the email and handles it. If all mail would go into one queue waiting for someone to take it. Once someone decided to work on that specific email, it would then be removed from the queue so someone else wouldn't also start working on it. Once someone took the email, that job would be assigned to that person. Presently we have 3-4 people looking at the sales and info emails but have to check with each other to make sure someone is handling it and not more than one person is.

Does anyone know of any software that might handle this, or if I am explaining it clearly

Thanks
Richard

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

We use software called OTRS where I work for our ticket management system. It's free and works well, but does require a web server.

http://www.otrs.com
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

If you use outlook, you can do the same. have a main account, and give people to read emails from that account and respond(with their own email addresses)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users