How to Search for a File on your Computer
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to find a file that you may not be able to find.
- No tools needed.
- Please click on 'start' do display the start menu.
- Click 'search' to find files on your computer.
- The Search window will appear. The right hand panel will look like this in XP:
- Please select the type of file you wish to search for. If you aren't sure just click on "all files and folders".
- The right hand panel will now look like this:
- The red arrow shows where to input all or part of the filename.
- The blue arrow indicates where to search for a work or phrase that appears within the file you wish to find.
- The green arrow shows which part of your computer you wish to search for. The default will be your hard drive.
- The purple arrow indicates where to click when you are ready to search.
- A list of files will then appear that correspond to your search parameters.
- Double click on a file to open.