Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Computer Help Contracts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 geologist

geologist

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

A bit long in the tooth to be sorting out problems on my computer, and having had experience of remote help, I would be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of the 'safe'companies that offer the service.

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

FWIW: If I ever believed in remote assistance of any sort...I would look to knowledgeable friends/associates before I would ever begin to think about donating money to some enterprising business.

Since the myriad of computer situations can easily lead to exploitation of the unknowing...I'd try to remove that particular element.

I find that the best source of assistance for many...lies in using Google and computer forums such as the ones preeent here...takes away the profit/sales motivation removes the worry about possible exploitation of user lack of knowledge.

Louis

#3 geologist

geologist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:33 PM

Thank you for your reply Louis. All of my friends are around my own age and only 2 of them even have computer. In this situation and living in a rather remote area, I would therefore be more than happy to leave the health of my own computer in the hands of a reputable (and recommended), company.
I am also aware that forums like this one are a great source of help and that is why I opened this thread. As far as being exploited is concerned, I am not as green as I am cabbage looking and can look after myself on that score.
I would be perfectly happy to pay for remote assistance but need recommendations from those in the know.

Edited by geologist, 22 February 2012 - 03:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users