Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Check Virus Help

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thatbobdude

thatbobdude

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:35 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hi everyone! New here!

Anyway, I somehow got that horrible System Check virus. After much fiddling around and downloading various virus scanners (including MBAM) which all refused to find the virus, I managed to find and manually delete all the files and registry entries associated with it. I also used Unhide to get all of my files and my start menu back. Happy happy good good. Not quite.
My task bar is still completely blank. All my pinned shortcuts are gone. I tried the whole "copy and paste from %temp%" thing, but I was missing the 3 and 4 folders, so no dice. To top it all off, the batch file written by Grinler also don't help and I can't even manually pin back Explore.
Anyone got a fix???? I'm stumped.
Also, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks!

Edited by elise025, 22 February 2012 - 06:40 AM.
Moved from Windows 7 to Am I Infected forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users