Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DirectX Compatibility and Warcraft

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tybudd

Tybudd

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 PM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

As of right now when I go to wow options, its showing that I"m using a lower DirectX Version than the Max that wow haves to offer, I have questions reguarding this:

• I'm using an EVGA 9800GTX 512MB video card, OS is Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 2, Duo Core 3.16ghz E8500 processor, should I not be able to handle the highest DirectX available for wow?
  • How do I check to see what is the highest version of DirectX I have on my computer?
  • Fear of making the change in the options and creating a problem or stress on my system, I didn't try it, what would happen if I did, depending on the answers for the above questions?
  • What is the benefit that I'll gain for using a higher level of DirectX?
As for more information, I'd have to check when I get home but in the options I think wow's max is DirectX 11, and as of now my system has DirectX 9c or something like that selected.
Also I"m using the 64 bit client version of WoW as well.

Thanks again in advance for your help on this issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

/bump

help if possible please, thanks in advance

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

OS is Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 2

Hi -
Can I please ask where you downloaded SP2 for Windows 7 from ??
The only places that seem to have SP2 are Torrents, or non licensed sites, not Genuine M/soft sites -

Someone else may help clear this up for me -

Thank You -
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows7/Which-version-of-DirectX-is-on-your-computer = Your version of Direct X (should only be DX 11)

#4 Tybudd

Tybudd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Actually noknojon, from what particular site, I don't know, I got it threw a regular Windows update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users