Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

please help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rockyhillranger

rockyhillranger

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Hello and please help

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 and my CD-RW will not read or play dvd's.It is a Sony CD-RW CRX700E.It is ok in device manger but when i put a dvd in it seems to try to read it but fails everytime.A little green cd will appear on the mouse cursor and blink but then it stops at that and will not play,also the dvd is not seen in windows explorer.The drive will read applacation cd's fine but will not see a dvdI tried uninstalling it in device manger and letting windows find it on reboot but that didn't work,I think the drive is ok and its a software issue,,,anyone out there have an ideal?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 95/98/ME to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Are the blank dvds -r or +r?
On Microsoft support they have the "fix it tool" that can repair the cd/dvd burning issue
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/

#3 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Hello rockyhillranger,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 and my CD-RW will not read or play dvd's

I appears that your drive is a CD reader and writer only. If that's the case, it could not read or play a DVD.

You can verify the type of media that your Sony CD-RW CRX700E is capable of playing by downloading and running this small, portable program: NeroInfoTool.zip.
  • Unzip the file and double click InfoTool.exe to run the program.
  • After the scan completes, look under "Supported read/write features" for CD and DVD.
  • An "X" means that it is not capable of reading that type of media.

Regards,
Brooks

#4 Yiddish

Yiddish

• Banned Spammer
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:29 AM

Hello friend,
Usually to solve these kind of problems, i personally recommend you to contact the service provider if we our self try to sort out that problem means newly unknown problem will rise.
I am recommending this to do from my personal experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users