Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Milking Cows. Who Invented It & What Did The First Person Doing It Think They Were Doing?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sleepydog

sleepydog

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 01:00 PM

Who invented milking of cows & why. Im sure this is not the first time this question was posed..why were they doing that to the cow when they first did it..were they looking for the cure for somthing there...did they think that the cow would turn and say " jeez ted, thanks for that, much appreciated..now, do you mind if i kick you"!?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 03:49 PM

They probably saw that babie cows were doing it, and thought they they'd be interested as well...

Either that, or they new baby cows and baby humans fed in similar ways (baby being fed from the mother's breast), and since cows were more plentiful than.... pregnant women... thought they'd take advantage of the milk.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:50 PM

I think it was Al Gore. Not sure if it was before or after he invented the internet. :thumbsup:

I would guess it came of neccessity and knowledge that this animal produced a life sustaining substance. Also Jersey (Britain) cows date back some 600o years. Hey where's CGM3 on this subject.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

I dont know who decided to milk the first cow....
We milk over 160 2 times a day so...

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

Early man most likely saw sheep and cows suckling their young. Wanting milk themselves, they mimicked as best they could the baby's sucking on the teat.
After that, it was only a matter of time before they bread cows for increased milk, so that poor CGM has to get up early each morning and stumble into the milking parlour.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 11:50 PM

http://www.1-famous-quotes.com/quotes/46790.html

The more you think about things, the weirder they seem. Take this milk. Why do we drink *cow* milk?? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!?

I think that says it all. :thumbsup:

#7 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 12:42 AM

The same person that looked at a chicken and said:

"Well, i'm gonna follow this bird around for a while and eat the first thing that pops out of its *%& "....

#8 sleepydog

sleepydog
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 03:47 AM

i once milked cows on a farm...70- 80 cows...i dont care how they pasturise or filter the milk..wat i saw goin into the line wit the milk comes from the same place that the sun dont shine..uhk :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users