Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

It's okay, It's not okay. I need help.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Leviathan75

Leviathan75

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Hey guy's, I've really tried every single way to try and solve this myself. It's starting to get ridiculous. I'm running 2HDD's in my system for storage and one SSD for my C: (ftl) main drive. One of the drive's is a seagate, the other is a WD. I use my SSD 60gb for my windows and games I use/Antivirus/important utilities on it. I use my Seagate 500gb drive for games that are not so important/music/movies/programs I don't have room for on my main drive since it's 60gb. Now when I go to select my E: drive (the seagate drive) It will work, then it won't work. It gives me an error and I will type it as follows.

"The instruction at 0x000007FEF668B0BD referenced memory at 0x000000000A151FA0.
The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc0000185."

This happen's every other time. If I click ok right away my system wont crash, if I leave it for 10 seconds my system will crash.

Running windows 7 64bit
AMD FX8150
Asus Crosshair formula V mobo
8 GB Gskill sniper
Main drive is a 60gb SSD OCZ Agility 3
Backup storage is internal 500GB Seagate drive
Empty Storage 500GB WD Green Caviar drive.
All drives are NTFS

Edited by Leviathan75, 21 February 2012 - 05:54 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hi,

I would start by testing the hard drives.

Hard Drive Installation and Diagnostic Tools Links to Manufacturers Utilities
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic28744.html
Seagate Diagnostics for DOS
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=seatooldreg&vgnextoid=480bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD
SeaTools for Windows
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=seatools-win&vgnextoid=552bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Make sure you have the latest firmware for your SSD.
Warning: Beware that OCZ firmware updates are destructive and you want to image AKA Clone your drive first.

One other thought, You show a 500Gb empty drive. Why not copy the Seagate to it and disconnect the Seagate and see if the one you copied to is OK in use.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 21 February 2012 - 12:02 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Leviathan75

Leviathan75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Thank you for replying Rotor and I apologize for how late I'm replying. I get home from work around 10pm and then life things to do before I can get to my electronic wife. I'm going to be running the seatools test in the next day or so. I do wan't to clone my drive, what software do you suggest you use? Also one that's cost effective as I don't exactly have a ton of cash to be throwing around on software at this moment.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

One would be EaseUS Disk Copy

EaseUS Disk Copy is a potent freeware providing sector by sector disk/partition clone regardless of your operating system, file systems and partition scheme. The sector to sector method assures you a copy 100% identity to original. EaseUS Disk Copy can be used for copy, cloning, or upgrading your original small hard drive to a new larger drive. Simply speaking, it can copy anything from old hard drive including deleted, lost files and inaccessible data. So, the freeware is a perfect tool for Data Recovery Wizard to recover files from a backup disk. However, it cannot backup single file or folder, so free backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free with advanced features is recommended.

http://www.easeus.com/disk-copy/

Or http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

Tools & Manager
Disk clone
Partition clone
Data wipe
Backup management

Backup
Image disk & partition
Differential/Incremental backup and automatic backup
Save PC to a safe place - FTP, CD/DVD, Network and NAS

Disaster Recovery

Restore system to dissimilar hardware
Quick file recovery
Explore backup contents & selective restore

Note:
1. EaseUS Todo Backup Free is only free for home users. Any use for commercial purpose is not allowed.
2. We've suspended free tech support to Free Edition users. Find more EaseUS Todo Backup versions with free tech support service

Edited by rotor123, 22 February 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

[FWIW]:
In Googling: Asus Crosshair formula V mobo, I see that there is a 01/2012 chipset as well as bios update. The last two bios updates list: "1. Improve memory compatibility and/or 2. Improve system stability."

I would recommend that you follow rotor123's instructions in post #2, reply, and then await his action plan.

Regards,
Brooks

#6 Leviathan75

Leviathan75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

Thank you for the reply on the disk clone. I'll get that to it, according to seatool's I have the latest firmware on my 2.15 and my Seagate drive. I've checked this with both manufacturers. When I attempted to run a full disk check on my seagate drive last night it blue screened me sometime in the night. Sometime's I'm able to access the drive flawlessly, othertime's it is as if it start's to load something then it times out and during this time I don't have access to any of the desktop, I can move the mouse around but Can't click anything and when it's done timing out in about 20 minutes or so it blue screens me. Here's a copy of my windows event viewer, it's the same error across the board. This is from performing the scan disk of my Seagate drive lastnight. Also what's disturbing me is this critical error is in my event viewer two times from just starting up my computer from 10 minutes ago. Yikes.

In Googling: Asus Crosshair formula V mobo, I see that there is a 01/2012 chipset as well as bios update. The last two bios updates list: "1. Improve memory compatibility and/or 2. Improve system stability."

I've updated my BIOS and Chipset right after I installed windows, and for a good reason I didn't want to have everything installed and it die on me. B)
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2/21/2012 2:37:09 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: (Removed)-Levi
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-21T10:37:09.098811500Z" />
<EventRecordID>3815</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>(removed)</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Edited by Leviathan75, 22 February 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

As a simple test clone the Seagate, Disconnect it and see if the problem continues with the Disc you cloned too.

Creates a Bootable CD that runs in DOS, no windows required.

Seagate Diagnostics for DOS
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?locale=en-US&name=seatooldreg&vgnextoid=480bd20cacdec010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

[/quote]

Disk clone: upgrade disk or transfer data
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/disk-clone-guide.htm
[quote]When to clone your disk?

EaseUS Todo Backup provides disk clone function which can help you:

Upgrade the older smaller hard disk to a newer larger one without reinstalling the operating system and applications.
Transfer all data from one disk to another.
Make a copy of source disk as backup via sector level or file level.
Ensure data security by making a copy of damaged hard disk via sector level and recovering lost data from the copied disk.
Clone hard disk without interrupting your business work, especially minimize server downtime when transfering Server from one hard disk to another bigger hard disk.

How to do disk clone?[/quote]

And more with images to help.

Edited by rotor123, 22 February 2012 - 04:28 PM.

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users