Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do you have idea when will be Limewire (for music DL) be back?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 scOObie_dOObie

scOObie_dOObie

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:53 AM

Do you have any idea guyz?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

it probably wont be. The reason it was shut down was because to many people were using it to pirate music. I know it was only a torrent program, but it was heavily used for pirating hence it got shut down. On top of that, it was a system hog, a really lousily written piece of software if you ask me, bittorrent is much better.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:23 PM

There are many other websites for music downloads in the net they are more safe and concise. Never liked Limewire nor Frostwire... just sayin' :thumbup2:

#4 scOObie_dOObie

scOObie_dOObie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:19 PM

I see, Limewire was such a big help for me, since I can download the music especialy way back in 60's.
Thank for the idea's gutz.

@Galyn: Can I download music or videos at Frostwire?

#5 samizdat

samizdat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Peer 2 peer programs like Limewire are very risky: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capitol_v._Thomas
Torrents are risky too but usually people get letters from their ISP that Pixar or somesuch has complained that you are downloading their material.

With the big Megaupload bust, the world of file sharing is changing drastically. I don't know of any legal uses for Limewire but if I were into downloading illegally, P2P would be my last choice.

Looks like the new trend is going to be sites with private servers that may or may not charge minimal fees.

#6 babalu sobral

babalu sobral

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:23 AM

May I know what are safe sites where you can download free music?

#7 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 AM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

there arent really any-99% of all music online is copyrighted, if your downloading it free, then there is a 99% chance its pirated, and in my experience anywhere from 75% to 90% of all pirated music comes with malware. Your better off paying the .99 cents a song.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#8 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:18 PM

I agree with you the_patriot11. If you're looking for a quality product, you should expect for a corresponding amount for it. @ babalu sobral, there's no such thing as free lunch, you have to pay the price :P . A certain site won't offer a free download if they won't get any benefits on it.

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#9 babalu sobral

babalu sobral

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

ahhhh ookkkayyy....i just found youtube-converter and it is free...free lunch for me hehehe..kudos!

#10 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:37 AM

I will add that I, personally, like some "oddball" genres -- my wife calls it noise -- and there are plenty of Netlabels that allow free and legal downloading of music, usually under a Creative Commons license. Sites like Kahvi Collective, Jamendo, and Earth Mantra are safe and well-run.

But you have to like the music. :wink:

Edited by Capn Easy, 02 March 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#11 babalu sobral

babalu sobral

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

good to know..free lunch for ya too! :hysterical:

#12 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

But you have to like the music. :wink:

:lmao:It's like marrying someone you don't love. Well, at least you got the site for fee download and thanks for that.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#13 Marvz

Marvz

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I see, Limewire was such a big help for me, since I can download the music especialy way back in 60's.

I think frost wire is not available anymore, you can download music at Bittorent.
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate, Processor: Phenom II X4 955, Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD RAM: 8 Gb DDR3, Storage: 1 TB WD, GPU: ASUS ATI 4890 and Saphire 4890 in crossfire, Sound card: Asus Xonar D1, PSU: Cooler Master 750 w , Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000

#14 scOObie_dOObie

scOObie_dOObie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

I think frost wire is not available anymore, you can download music at Bittorent.

Bittorent is quite good for music downloads. but I will try 4shared first.

#15 Galyn

Galyn

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

Better support the artists.. I buy the albums or from Itunes.

:busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users