Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Babylon

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 webuser

webuser

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hello:
I was installing a different swoftware and Babylon came with it. I cancelled the sw installation but Babyon has stayed.
I have removed it from the Control Panel.
I have removed it from the manage search providers (it doesn't show there any more"
it still showe up when I click on new tab. It hijacks my default home page even though removed it from the general page of the internet tools. My default home page is there, but doesn't show in the new tqb.
I went to manage add-ons and Babylon is not there. I looked at the toolbars and extensions, looked at tthe search providers and at accelerators. The name Babylon is not in any of those places.
there is a Youtube that supposedly shows you how to remove it, but in that video Babylon shows up in the manage add-ons, it doesn't in mine. So that was useless.
Do you know how can I get rid of this Babylon?
thanks for your thoughts.
I have:
Win7 64bit Ultimate
IE8.
webuser

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 webuser

webuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

Animal:
Which one is the more appropriate forum? If I don't know where my post is, I can't see the answers of the members.
Thansk,
webuser

#3 webuser

webuser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

I resolved the issue by using the system restore after disabling my AV software. But there should be a way to get rid of a pest software like that.
Thanks.
webuser

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users