Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tkelly1

tkelly1

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:24 PM

Please don't call me a stupid woman, I know what plugs in where and whatnot. This morning I had been waken up, my headphones were unplugged, I was tired so I mindlessly went to plug them back in without looking. I accidentally missed and they slightly went into the USB port, and my computer shut down instantly. It won't start back up. I have had this computer for about 90 days and I really need it. PLEASE help and tell me if this is fixable and if so how.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hi

Typically, shorting a USB port is the same thing as pressing the reset button. It should have rebooted, not shutdown.

Try turning off the main power supply switch (if it has one on the back of the computer), unplugging it from the wall and then push the power button to drain any extra power still in it.

Then plug it back in, turn on the main power supply (if it has one on the back of the computer) and press the power button.

Does that work?

James

#3 tkelly1

tkelly1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Hi

Typically, shorting a USB port is the same thing as pressing the reset button. It should have rebooted, not shutdown.

Try turning off the main power supply switch (if it has one on the back of the computer), unplugging it from the wall and then push the power button to drain any extra power still in it.

Then plug it back in, turn on the main power supply (if it has one on the back of the computer) and press the power button.

Does that work?

James

Oh my god, YES. Thank you SO much. It was louder on the initial startup.... it is quiet now but is that a sign on damage is the fans are louder slightly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users