Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BackTrack 5 Wont load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

So i went to work this afternoon, and for some reason my BT5 wont load. I dont get the log in screen or anything. It will come up to the BT background image, the one right before you log in, but that is it. I hit the Esc key and it just slowly starts scrolling commands. Not sure what they all are as it is sometimes too fast to read. Is there any way to repair it from the boot command or what. First time this has happened in my Linux life.

No new hardware or software was installed, everything was working fine the night before last. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

I've never used it myself. Due to it being for penetration testing, I doubt you'll find a lot of help here. I'd suggest you trying searching the forum or asking for help there.

#3 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

Just wondering if there was any one that had the same problem. Backtrack 5 is almost the same as Ubuntu, so there is not that much difference between them two. Give it a few days then i will reinstall the OS

#4 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

If it's like Ubuntu, then my guess is some update screwed the pooch. They used to do that to me a lot. You might find an answer to the problem on the Ubuntu forum in that case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users