Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is your favorite Dog Breed?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 f6e9a25

f6e9a25

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

If you could get a dog what breed would it be ,and why would you get that breed?

Mine
=========================
Breed: Collie because they look cool
Posted Image
So many ideas in mah brain !!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

German shepherds, because their very loyal, and I just plain like em.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:13 PM

A Komondor so I don't have to dust or mop ever again....

Posted Image

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 nivrip

nivrip

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:15 AM

Old English Sheepdog.

Used to have one years ago.

#5 f6e9a25

f6e9a25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:14 PM

A Komondor so I don't have to dust or mop ever again....

Posted Image

Lol

German shepherds, because their very loyal, and I just plain like em.

me too, that breed would be my second choice
So many ideas in mah brain !!!!!

#6 scOObie_dOObie

scOObie_dOObie

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

I would prefer Azkal so that I dont need to feem em up. :crazy:

#7 Gunto

Gunto

Bleepin' Reject Phoenix

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm a fan of the Siberian husky, since they seem very loving and are gorgeous. It probably wouldn't like the desert I live in, though. :S

Beautiful avatar by Plumbeck!

Bury me in honor; when I'm dead and hit the ground, a love back home, it unfolds...

#8 samizdat

samizdat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

Rescue dogs FTW! Chocolate labs are cute but labs are crazy. Boxers are real smart and sweet. They ace all of the training test except the attack command because they are so kind. My best friend (may she rest in peace) was a terrier mix. Right now I have to rescue dogs a wirey haired terrier mix that may be a coydog and a lab/boxer mix. Their combined brain power couldn't heat a slice of bread.

#9 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Shadow, my German Shepherd, passed away last December. He was almost 13, so we knew it was just a matter of time, but it was still very difficult.

German shepherds are very loyal and, being a shepherd, he was great with my kids -- I was the undisputed boss, but if I teased the kids or tickled them he would jump between us and (gently) push me away. When we were out for a walk he would stop at curbs without prompts and wait for me to tell him to cross. If a pedestrian approached I would say "Over," and he would move off the sidewalk and wait for the other person to pass and for me to tell him to proceed. He understood a huge number of verbal commands and about a dozen hand signals. He had been abandoned in a nearby town and we adopted him from a local shelter ten years ago.

I've had several dogs -- my parents had a dog when I was born -- but I know and understand German Shepherds best. When things settle down here I'll be looking for another.

Edited by Capn Easy, 27 February 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#10 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

Growing up we had dogs around all the time,

when I was very small we had a pure white German Shepherd named cameil...she was great with us,you know
how little kids can be with animal's, always pullin their ears ,tail, wanting to ride them...

when Cameill had, had enough of us she would gently take our wrists in her mouth and then lead us over to either mom or daddy...as if to say "ok, it's your turn" :lol:

Later we had a poodle, mom named it pizzario( daddy refered to her as "That sorry a$$ed dog" because she was always runnin away... :lmao:

When i was a teenager we had another German Shepherd named Rob,he loved fried chicken and to run thru the
water hose in the summer and play with us, we also had a shepherd/dobie mix named brandi, i got her when she was just 6 week's old, she could fit in the palm of my hand, they were both very even tempered dogs...

Later on my folks got a bishion(sp?) named "Sweetie", she was smart and very comical....

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was "Sweetie's" mouth piece for years.... :P

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#11 herec0m3strouble

herec0m3strouble

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:11 AM

I'm a fan of the Siberian husky, since they seem very loving and are gorgeous. It probably wouldn't like the desert I live in, though. :S

agreed on siberian husky, they are very loyal, playful, and protective dogs at the same time. they are very reliable but need a lot of room to run. not good for where i currently live

#12 Brewster Down Under

Brewster Down Under

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

Jack Russells, I've had a few different breeds over the years but when I lost my little mate a couple of years ago I swore I would never have another dog.(aged 16)

Very high energy but these people had it worked out. :lol:

Blame It On The Dog

#13 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:35 AM

I had a dog, back in the 70's, 1/2 dalmation and 1/2 miniature german shepard. She was all black. Best dog I ever owned, great with kids, let me know if anybody got within 15 ft of the house. Since then I've owned a couple of pure breds, but I like the mixed better. But it's hard when you lose them.. :(
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#14 10 Beers

10 Beers

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:24 AM

I'd prefer a mutt, the runt of the litter. Second choice, some poor pooch in doggie jail.
The runts know how to fight for what they need to survive and they are the most loyal dogs.
I have nothing against any breed but terriers are my choce; The Skye/mixed I adopted would tackle a tornado and I'd give you 50-50 odds.

#15 sleepdeprived

sleepdeprived

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

Definitely the Siberian Husky :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users