Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google search loop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hammeredmantis

Hammeredmantis

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

I was hoping to find some help here. I would like to preface this post with the fact that I am in no way new to removing bugs from computers/laptops and I have taken all the possible steps to identify the issue that I could possibly think of (with that being said this is probably going to be a simple problem with a simple solution that I am way overthinking) but anyways I have used Malwarebytes, AVG Pro, CCleaner combo to try to identify the issue at first but nothing was found, after this I manually combed through my registry, used Whatsrunning.exe to see if I am missing any hidden processes or startup bugs, and I have even combed through manually all the windows files/folders and the /Local/ subfolders and still nothing. The issue is that no matter how I try to use google services be it maps, gmail, the search engine, anything, I will get the first search page but after that no matter if I manually type in the search address page number to display different results or if I try to access my mail it always redirects to the first thing I attempted to do. For example if I were to go to google.com and search bananas. I would get the first 20 results, then if I were to try to click next or page 2 or any other page number, it will try to load the next page, then go back to that first search set. If I were to try to log on to my e-mail, I would enter user/pass and hit log in, it would attempt, then go back to the log-in page. Again chances are this is something stupid simple and I am overthinking it but an outside opinion would help. Hope to hear back soon.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hammeredmantis

Hammeredmantis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:16 PM

*secondary note with doublefacepalm*

Just got done with 3rd set of scans from all 3 programs and Malwarebytes found that the process SVChost.exe had 2 entries that were trojans, and google seems to be working the way it should be for now. I will be looking to see if there is anything that will bring the issues back as it just got rid of the executables and not any possible reg changes the trojans could have made.

#3 Hammeredmantis

Hammeredmantis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:37 PM

Next update. Problem not fixed. TL:DR need help finding specifically which version of SVChost and what it's source is and permanently removing the bugger. It is not showing itself in the list of running processes in whatsrunning.exe so tracking this down will be especially difficult. Will be back on in a few hours, have business to take care of, but help would be much appreciated and if needed I will post up more info as requested.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 PM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.
  • Run TDSSKiller.exe.
  • Click on Change Parameters
  • Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system
  • Click Start scan.
  • When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
    The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
    The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click Continue
  • Let reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.
  • Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

Download aswMBR to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.
Click the "Scan" button to start scan:
Posted Image

On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply:
Posted Image

NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users