Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Office 2003 Professional

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Izzy

Izzy

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:09 AM

is there a way to un-install and re-install office 2003 pro without having to spend time re-downloading those large updates?

Izzy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 09 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

Izzy, since you didn't get an answer from the experts, perhaps you can check if these are big (do you use dialup?). I just looked in Add/Remove programs, and for Office 2003 professional which I got in 2004, I have these:
KB907417, KB892843, ServicePack2, KB911961. I think they were cumulative, not sure. I do not recall them being particularily big or slow to download or install. Perhaps you can check the sizes. It might be funny if it took you longer to check that than actually do the upgrades. I don't know if there's a way for me to find out the sizes on my computer, because then I'd tell ya. Let's hope someone will pitch in.

#3 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2006 - 04:30 PM

well the office 2003 pro with frontpage i got when first came out (a sucker) anyway i have to download the SP1, SP2, and a lot of other little things, i know overall there's not a great deal of updates for it. I managed to create a copy from the original to get rid of the activation rubbish as when you contact MS to activate it because of something happened somewhere they think you're using a pirate. So all i wanted was if you install office then put all the updates in then some how make a copy from that like a back-up or something. Hmm, sometimes you post and never get answers you could wait weeks sometimes, could be they don't know or just busy. thanks for the reply.

#4 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,568 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 10 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

AHHH! I see what you're after. Also when I thought about it later, SP2 was a big one.
Backup - yes - needed.
I heard from several of my coworkers than they called Microsoft and said I have this legitimate Office or Windows disk and the key# is xxxxxx can you send me a current up to data backup disk. I don't recall the Office answer, but do know for a fact that few people got a Windows disk, SP2, all updates. That's abpout all I can tell you. I'll be watching this thread because I need something like that too.

I take no answers to a post to mean
1. not enough experts to attend to so many questions, or
2. they want to be 100% accurate, no guessing allowed, I bet :thumbsup:

#5 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 12:26 AM

well the office 2003 pro with frontpage i got when first came out (a sucker) anyway i have to download the SP1, SP2, and a lot of other little things, i know overall there's not a great deal of updates for it. I managed to create a copy from the original to get rid of the activation rubbish as when you contact MS to activate it because of something happened somewhere they think you're using a pirate. So all i wanted was if you install office then put all the updates in then some how make a copy from that like a back-up or something. Hmm, sometimes you post and never get answers you could wait weeks sometimes, could be they don't know or just busy. thanks for the reply.

You got us. :thumbsup: We never answer a question unless we know the answer. To do so would defeat the purpose of the site. In some cases (like your's) we read the post an may defer it to another member, by not answering, who may have more experince. In this case I believe your topic may have fallen thru the cracks.
Well the short answer is yes you can go to the MS Office 2003 service pack 2 and download it. Do not go to the Office 2003 update center. You will have to install from there. You then burn it to CD\DVD for future use.

This is a volunteer help web site and as such member and staff are not here every day. This means in some cases some post get over looked. This was not intented, and is rare. I hope you find this post helpful and we look forward to seeing you in the forums and chat.

Good luck.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#6 Izzy

Izzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2006 - 05:13 AM

thanks for the reply and the link it helps me alot. I thank members for imput as well. So thanks.

#7 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 11 March 2006 - 08:29 AM

Your welcome.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users