Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Security Shield Infection"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Gamcon1

Gamcon1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

I recently encountered a virus called "security shield" on my desktop. Checking the internet, I found that this is a well known virus. The operating system I am running is windows xp professional. I have restored the computer to an earlier date and I am not receiving the "infected" messages at this time. I am running McAfee Security Center software as well. Having McAfee scan my computer, before the restore process, did not remove the virus and even though my computer is running fine now, I'm afraid that this Security Shield virus will raise it's ugly head again. It has happened to me before with another malware program. Do I need to download additional software to make sure that the virus will not come back? Are there steps I can take to check myself without the aid of another program. I have installed "HiJack This" on this computer under a friends direction, who is more knowledgeable than I am about it's use, and I'm afraid that he is not available to consult with. Thank you for any advise you can give me.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hello, we moved you from XP to Am I Infected. Lets do all the steps in the guide and review the logs.

Please follow our Removal Guide here Remove Security Shield or SecurityShield (Uninstall Guide) .
After reading how the malware is misleading you ...
You will move to the Automated Removal Instructions

After you completed that, post your scan log here,let me know how things are.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Take a look here: Remove Security Shield or SecurityShield (Uninstall Guide) to make sure you have dealt with the problem completely.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users