Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Infected with Tojan.Zeroaccess!kmem and Tidserv Activith 2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sran

sran

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

MY windows xp is infected with Tojan.Zeroaccess!kmem and Tidserv Activity 2, which norton is detecting it but not able to remove. It says do download a fix for Tidserv and run the fix, which I tried and got blue screen. I restored the system after rebooting and hitting f8 and going to the last known good configuration. I have tried to go in safe mode and to see I can restore the system to earlier date but it wont do it. When I start the computer it was showing me a fake scan and telling to buy a full version to fix the problem. Now it wont show any of that and my desktop has only tow icons Recycle bin and explorer. When I hit the windows or start button it show that there are no programs. C drive is empty no list at all. I tried to go to dos and list C drive it says unable to list. In c drive properties it shows that over half the space is occupied, which is about what I had before the virus attack. So I am hoping all my data is safe. We have never done any backup before and my wife is very upset as she thinks we have lost five years of picture memories of our children. What should I do to restore the system or at least how can I recover data from c drive.

Please help

Edited by hamluis, 19 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sran

sran
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:29 PM

OK I did tried something, by holding down windows button on my keyboard and pressing R at the same time it opens up the Run window and I typed System and it opened the system folder and by clicking Tools and the selecting Folder Option and then view and I selected Show hidden files and folders. Virus had hidden all my files that's why my desktop was totally blank besides only showing two Icons. And I am able to go to my pictures folder and I am copying all pictures and my data to USB drive. But when I click start it still shows that there are no programs. Still waiting if some one can help me to remove these two viruses. And I did disconnect the Ethernet cable from any other viruses to enter my computer while I am trying to find a fix for it.

Thanks

Sran

#3 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,679 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:50 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users