Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Istbar, Surfsidekick3,vcclint,

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 currmac

currmac

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:00 AM

I removed (i think) istbar, surfsikekick3, surfacuracy vcclint BUT when i start my internet my home page comes up no problem and so does other pages only one but it is always diffrent some connect some dont all serches on my computer show clear (norton, adware away, ewido and fxistbar) i think something is hiding in my computer. i removed malware with the help of this site. PLEASE HELP :thumbsup:

i am new here i hope i posted this right :flowers:

i dont know how to post my hijak log

Edited by currmac, 16 February 2006 - 07:15 AM.

INSPIRE TO VICTORY

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:27 AM

Hi currmac

I have read your post and I think it would be wise for you to post a HijackThis log for an expert to review.

I recommend you follow the HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. It is important that you follow the guide closely. A number of scans will be run which may well fix your problem.

As the guide says, after you have completed the scans that are recommended, please post your "HijackThis" log in a new topic in the forum found here. Please add your system infomation and also what problems you are having. Please be patient, and a HJT team member will help you to clean up your system

David

#3 currmac

currmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:45 AM

how do u post your log????????? cant get it from my computer to your site
INSPIRE TO VICTORY

Posted Image

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:03 AM

currmac - please read the instructions - you have obviously just scanned over thinking you udnerstand what i've said. You need to follow HijackThis preparation guide which can be found here. You have to read that carefully and all will be explained.

cant get it from my computer to your site

Can you explain this....
David

#5 currmac

currmac
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:09 AM

dave i am trying to post my hijackthis log to this site. to get the log from my documents to this message board i really dont know how mabe i misted somthing i will read the info on hijackthis again sorry for the confusion i am new to this computer experince :thumbsup:
INSPIRE TO VICTORY

Posted Image

#6 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hi Currmac,

Please do not post a new topic each time you reply.

Instead click on the "AddReply" button so as to keep all your posts in this
thread on this subject. You'll see the "AddReply" button at both the top of
the thread and again at the bottom of it - Right side.

Edited by KoanYorel, 16 February 2006 - 08:30 AM.

The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#7 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:29 AM

Read the pinned post in our “HijackThis” forum, here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
Carefully read and follow all directions explicitly.

Following instructions run a log, and post it in following HJT forum,
at this link
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/posthjtlog.html

To get to either page just double click on the hyperlinks - the adresses of the URLs in my post.

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:18 PM

Hello currmac and welcome to BC.

Its really quite simple to post your log. First, find the log and open it by double clicking on it or open Hijack This and click on "Do a system scan and save a logfile". Next, right click in the body of the log and click "Select all". Then right click in the body of the log again and click "Copy". This saves the log to the "Clipboard". Next, click on this link here to open a new window for the HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum. Look on the right hand side for "New Topic". Click that and when the New Topic window opens right click in the blank space and click "Paste." Your log will now be inserted into this window. Add a "Topic Title", a "Topic Description" (optional) and a few comments about the behaviour of your computer if you would like and then click "Post New Topic" near the bottom.

Now that your log is posted just wait for a reply from one of our Team Members with instructions on what to do next. Do not post again until you get a reply or your log will move back in the waiting list due to the new time of your second post. Once you receive a reply from a team member things will move along quickly.

Hope that helps. :thumbsup:

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:57 PM

thank you leurgy for the help.
here is my log after i followed the instuctions prep guide for hijackthis

So the others who posted here will know, currmac has posted a log which can be found here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users