Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

burning software?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chela236

chela236

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:56 AM

Hi,

I could probably find a better forum (non-bleeping) but I hate to sign up for lots sites and already member here (and plan to make good use in near future - many network questions to come!). I am hoping someone can answer this for me and thought this might be best appropriate within these forums.

I get Turbo Tax every year (on ebay - legit copy) and share it with a friend (very cost effective!). I load it on my computer, then give it to her to do the same. Eventually, we both remove the program (due to size and liking "clean" computers) but always keep the discs (min 3 years since this is how far back you can amend - we are both self-employed).

my question...Is it possible to burn a usable copy of it so she can one have to load the program? She has moved quite a distance away and not as convenient to get the disc from each other as in the past.

I am guessing there are securities built in to prevent this sort of thing for resale but I do not have that intent - not that my burner knows that(haha!). So before I take the time to burn, waste a disc only to find out it won't run I thought I'd ask the experts :)

thanks for your time!
chela

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 f6e9a25

f6e9a25

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Well you don't really need a disc you could upload it to a site like mediafire or hotfile and add a password to the file so only people who have the password can download it.
but nero is a good burning software http://www.nero.com/enu/downloads-nbl-free.php
So many ideas in mah brain !!!!!

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

I'm curious how Turbo Tax would feel about you "sharing" a disc. I would imagine any security features in place were to prevent what you are trying to do.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users