Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Messenger

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:47 AM

I have recently cancelled one of my hotmail accounts due to problems with someone online but Windows Messenger (which I don't use as I use MSN Messenger) keeps logging on with this hotmail address.

I don't want Windows Messenger logging in at all but cannot find a way to stop it.

I've tried setting Program Access and Defaults and unticked the "Enable Access to this Program" and I've gone through the Windows Help and Support Center and tried their suggestions but nothing seems to stop it logging on when I open Outlook Express.

Any ideas :thumbsup:
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:33 AM

Hey secretangel

1. click start button-click user account
2. click - change an account
3. Select account from the list
4. On the right hand side, select Manage my network password
5. From the pop-up window, click the account net passport and select remove.
After all this you will be able to sign in to your messenger like the old way by entering your email n password.

David :thumbsup:

#3 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:22 AM

I have recently cancelled one of my hotmail accounts due to problems with someone online but Windows Messenger (which I don't use as I use MSN Messenger) keeps logging on with this hotmail address.

I don't want Windows Messenger logging in at all but cannot find a way to stop it.

I've tried setting Program Access and Defaults and unticked the "Enable Access to this Program" and I've gone through the Windows Help and Support Center and tried their suggestions but nothing seems to stop it logging on when I open Outlook Express.

Any ideas :thumbsup:

I assume you want to get rid of Windows Messenger?

Here is one way to get rid of Windows Messenger

This page offers broader information

PM me if you have questions.

--- David (medab1)

#4 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:27 AM

David - i'm not sure she wants to remove the whole program - she just wants it to stop logging in automatically - is this correct?

DT

#5 secretangel

secretangel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

Yes that is correct - just wanted it to stop logging in, particularly under my old msn account.

And thank you DT have carried out your instructions and that has solved my problem.

Thanks too David (medab1) for the advice - that would have been my next step :thumbsup:

Jane
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users