Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help needed very little computer skills

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 richie_25

richie_25

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:30 AM

Hi, something has taken over my laptop, switch on and after start up about 10-20 seconds later screen goes blank except for wallpaper then this appears (see pics).Last night by ending some processes which i can do if i am quick enough i managed to stop this and ran avg and malwarebytes scans, malwarebytes found 11 suspicious items and quarantined them and i thought that would be that but on next startup same thing.I have taken photos of the processes and the problem so just wondering if someone can help, thanks.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at Step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<== Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 richie_25

richie_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

Laptop wont run in safe mode?:-(

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:45 PM

I didn't say anything about safe mode.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 richie_25

richie_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

But in normal mode i only have about 10-20 secs till the message comes up and nothing will work?

#6 richie_25

richie_25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

as i said i did manage to stop this once by ending a process, which one i cant remember (i know it was a bit silly ending random processes) but can anyone see a process in the photos which might be associated with this because at the moment the laptop wont run in safe mode and in normal mode i only have between 10-20 secs before the malware takes over.

#7 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,663 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Hold on there. I'll notify appropriate helpers.

My Website

p4433470.gif

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

Have you tried running Rkill in normal mode to kill the processes?

Please see this post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic308364.html

Edited by cryptodan, 21 February 2012 - 03:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users