Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SafenSoft SysWatch Personal - System problems after removal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 samizdat

samizdat

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

Hello. SafenSoft SysWatch Personal is having a giveaway. I learned of the giveaway from a trusted site and downloaded it. It appeared to conflict with BitDefender 2012 Security Suite as it slowed my laptop (Windows 7 x64) to a crawl. Uninstall failed but using Revo I was able to get rid of it and it's registry files. I fear I also got rid of some essential files (possibly shared files) because now I can't run any .exe or .msi without this error:

Posted Image

When trying system restore I get this error:

Posted Image
(A restore point was created prior to installation.)

When I hold down F8 during boot, it brings up the standard menu for safemode, restore options, repair computer, etc but my keyboard is disabled so I can't select and option or even esc. I do not believe I am infected with any virus.

I am not having any other problems.

Could I please get some advice as to how I can remedy this issue?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

================
update - I requested support for this problem and got this response today from SafenSoft:

Thank You very much for Your request to technical support group of Safe'n'Soft Company.

On Your request we commited special test with BitDefender 2012 Security Suite.
Our test results shows, that Safensoft SysWatch Personal v.3.6.1631 is compatible with BitDefender 2012 Security Suite.
To restore Your computer You can try to use System Restore Point or Windows Installation Disc.

Best regards,
Sergey Leschina
SafenSoft Support Engineer
======================
So, as you see above, I won't be getting any useful guidance from them. :crazy:

Edited by samizdat, 19 February 2012 - 10:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users