Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello & Thanks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 glbfl

glbfl

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:39 PM

Have been a "lurker" here for awhile..and gleaned much info. Of all forums,groups, etc,This is the one I comeback too,for easy to understand info,presented by truly intelligent,PATIENT, people.
Grinler,(et al moderators) you guys are fantastic. Your tutorials supurb. As an "impared" So.Floridian(in more ways than one) transplanted from N.VA .(in I look forward to becoming a more confident "Tyro"(tiro?)of P.C's

current config 98SE,EZAV FW Spybot, Adaware SE, Spyware Blaster,and newly d/l'd Ccleaner..on an ancient 400hz 192 ram P2 Monorail(e-machine).

despite being a long-time end-user only , type A- age56,formerly left handed(with the body of an 83y/o ,I'm "somewhat interested" in building my own system. Unfortunately I now have the attention span of a goldfish",and most days are like the Bill Murray character in Ground-Hog Day. (the strokes and 2 surgeries 2 years ago also dropped my IQ by 30 points. )
Let's see,what else fisicially conservative/socially moderate....I'm a Libra, tend to marry Virgos,and have 3 Capricorn femminist Daughters(adult..more or less) that I love unconditionally. This is almost more info than I've given my therapists.

...I do tend to ramble/babble,but i don't drool(much)...
Regards,Gare
"all is for the best,in the best of all possible world's"~Voltaire

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:54 PM

Welcome, Welcome. glbfl

From what you've said, many of us fit into that same profile. :thumbsup:

There are at least two threads here from individuals building their own systems for the first time. And many here will help you to do the same, if you're interested.

So stick around, the waters are fine here.

regards,
~Koan
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 AM

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:28 PM

:flowers: glbfl So nice to meet you! I so hope that you enjoy your visits here @ Bleeping computer! We have a lot of fun while learning the ins and outs of the crazy world of computing. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users