Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

403 Forbidden

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tunick91

tunick91

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

All of a sudden a week ago I became unable to access the sports website bleacherreport.com. Whenever I attempt to access it, I get a 403 Forbidden. Request forbidden by administrative rules. This is happening on all of my computers on my network. I even tried accessing it on my phone, first using my 3g. I was able to connect. Then I turned on Wi-Fi, connected to my network and tried and was unable to connect, receiving the same message. So I guess the problem is with my router? So far this is the only website.
Thank you in advance.

-
Michael

Edit: Moved topic from Vista to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

I had no problem accessing the site, using IE8. What browser are you using?

Louis

#3 tunick91

tunick91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:59 AM

I have tried in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, and IE8. As I mentioned, I was able to access it with a device not connected to my Wi-Fi(phone using 3G).

-
Michael

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,569 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:35 AM

Only thing that pinpoints a particular website that I know of...might be damaged cookies for that site.

Louis

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:48 PM

Hi

I manage several websites. When we block an individual IP address, that is what the person at that IP address sees when they try to access the page.

We block IP addresses when we believe that it is a scraper or other type of malicious bot. Maybe there was some behavior from your router's IP address that made them think this. Maybe they just don't like you :) Maybe it was a mistake.

In any case, contact the webmaster of the site for an answer.

James

#6 allowsandy

allowsandy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Hello this problem mainly come with every blogger but i have short out thid problem we willl get complete guide from here

403 Forbidden Error

If you got the solution the follow up my page i will give you more awesome tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users