Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Megsbigbear

Megsbigbear

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 03:52 PM

Hi,

I've posted on here before and got great results. But now my son's PC won't start. As soon as you turn it on it just comes up with the very first screen it always displays - the HP (because it's a HP PC), and that's as far as it goes. Nothing works at all. No button presses work, it won't get as far as safe mode, nothing at all. It's a dead machine! Unfortunately I can't even remember what the model number is, and can't get on to it to find out. All I remember is that it's a HP PC, about 3-4 years old, running Windows Vista.

He says it went through a stage a few months ago where it occasionally froze and he had to turn it off at the socket. He says it hasn't done that recently though. And just before it stopped working, he can't remember anything out of the ordinary - he was using it fine, turned it off for the night, and when he turned it back on in the morning it wouldn't start.

Any ideas? Or are we out of luck given that we can't even get it to start?

Thanks,

Mick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:07 PM

Do you know what kind of hard drive: Seagate, Hitachi, Western Digital, or other kind of drive is in it?

#3 Megsbigbear

Megsbigbear
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

I haven't got a clue. Will that be a problem?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users