Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello BC'ers from Minnesota

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mn_sailor

mn_sailor

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:31 PM

mn_sailor here.

When the water is liquid here in the Twin Cities area, I spend most of my free time on the lakes racing or officiating races. During the other parts of the year, I seem to get sucked into the computer world.

I'm an EE by profession and a computer support person when the family calls. I love to see the interaction between users with malware issues and forum members trained to resolve these issues - the give and take of a community - it's refreshing as we brace for the negativity of the upcoming election.

I would be interested in learning the technical aspects of diagnosing and curing malware infections as time permits. My immediate need is to clean my nieces laptop so she can continue her freshman year in college without PC hiccups.

Cheers to all at BC!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:31 AM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer :thumbsup:
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

If you post about the problems on your niece's laptop, I am confident our Members can help you fix the immediate problem. You will find a wealth of information about malware infections here.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 mn_sailor

mn_sailor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 PM

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hi John and mOle,

Thanks for the welcome. I'll get the logs suggested in the Preparation Guide posted on the "...Removal Logs" forum soon.

My niece has a 64 bit version of Win7 running on her system. I noticed that the guide suggested not running GMER on a 64 bit system, but some research I did seems to suggest that the recent version of GMER might work.

Suggestions?

Also, after reading through todays introductions, I feel a bit like a member of a Freshman class here at Bleeping. Oh to be on campus again!

mn_sailor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users