Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Convert a WAV file to MP3 and copy to a player ...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have an interesting problem. Recently I copied all of my many (MANY) CDs to an external 2 TB hard drive so I can have more convenient access to my music and move the CDs down to the storage area in the crawl space. So far, so good.

I have a couple MP3 players that I use while hiking, etc., and good hiking weather will be here soon. What I'm looking for is a way to select a WAV file (song) or collection of WAV files on the hard drive and transfer them to my MP3 player as MP3s -- preferably in one step. Space is a lot more limited on my players and a good MP3 is good enough for hiking outdoors, so I don't want to copy the WAV files to the players.

My principle player is a Creative Zen. I have Creative's software: MediaSource, MediaSource File Converter, and Creative Zen Explorer. All allow me to rip from CDs to the player as MP3s. The File Converter allows me to convert from WAV to MP3, but the only destinations that show up are my hard drives -- I was really hoping to see the player there.

I also have Winamp, etc., but haven't found a way to convert and copy in one step.

Currently I can manage by making an MP3 copy of each song on the hard drive and then copying that file to the player, but that would take up a lot of room on the drive, and be a lot slower.

Anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

There is several different ways.
One of them is using windows media player. When you drag the songs into the sync list and click sync, it will convert the songs and then transfer it for you with the correct format. Almost if it is a zen, you may be able to just drag songs into the folder through mycomputer and it will recognize it only plays mp3's and converts it. Then using creative zen, set the output folder to your mp3 player just as a usb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users