Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows keeps freezing.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Hisbeauty4ashes

Hisbeauty4ashes

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:25 AM

Hi all my HP Laptop keeps freezing up it just started up tonight. Ever time I go to do something a white screen appears and it says this program is not responding. I tried to get a Hijack this for you but it too is freezing. My Laptop is a Hp and vista Home premium.It also keeps saying with everything that I have internal errors. Also I have to reset my wireless router every time I start my Laptop.

I cannot get hijack to work it freezes and my notepad does not work. I do not know what the heck has happened.

Any help would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 08:01 AM

Can you boot to safe mode?

#3 Hisbeauty4ashes

Hisbeauty4ashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yes I can, then what?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Let's start by running full scans with BOTH your anti virus app and MalwareBytes

#5 Hisbeauty4ashes

Hisbeauty4ashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

I have done that already.

#6 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,573 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

Okay, we have no way of knowing what you have or haven't done so far. Please tell us EVERYTHING.

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

Edited by Allan, 18 February 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#7 Hisbeauty4ashes

Hisbeauty4ashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I did a system restore point. I only set the date back two days to restore because I was trying to get a software back on my computer that I could not find. So with that said there has been nothing wrong until I did that now I have internal errors no matter what I do. I did do the spyware stuff but know it has nothing to do with a bug.

#8 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:51 PM

Try a chkdsk:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67612-check-disk-chkdsk.html

#9 YardDog1

YardDog1

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:24 PM

I did a system restore point. I only set the date back two days to restore because I was trying to get a software back on my computer that I could not find. So with that said there has been nothing wrong until I did that now I have internal errors no matter what I do. I did do the spyware stuff but know it has nothing to do with a bug.

Hey, we were waiting at VistaForums for you to respond there to our instructions. Seems to be same thing here, can you do the Check Disk as requested ?

Please use restore points often

#10 Hisbeauty4ashes

Hisbeauty4ashes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:05 PM

Umm Yarddog Did you not read my results I had posted that could not run scan disc?

Edited by Hisbeauty4ashes, 27 February 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#11 YardDog1

YardDog1

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2012 - 03:26 PM

Umm Yarddog Did you not read my results I had posted that could not run scan disc?

System File Checker . sfc / scannnow is not same as a check disk. How bout doing a harddrive diaqnostic. read this please. : http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html
See if you can make a bootable disk and perform the long and short test. Please post these results.

Please use restore points often

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users