Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slower Performance

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 petco34

petco34

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:06 AM

Hi,

Before hand, I'd like to thank all of you for your help and advice. You guys are doing the internet a wonderful service.

I've been noticing that a huge drop in my fps rates in my games. The one that I use the most, League of Legends, dropped from 60 fps to an average of low 30s and 20s. This slowing down is across the broad for all of my applications. For instance, firefox looks kind of choppy when I scroll down. Even right now, as I'm typing this, the text is lagging behind at certain points. Also, I'm not sure if it's related, but when I was buying games off steam, I used two different credit cards. These cards used were duplicated and used in a different state. I'm pretty sure it's infected with something, but I wanted to get the opinions of people who know computers.

I had one of those rogue anti-virus programs, but I followed the instructions to remove it. I think there may have been other problems with the computer though.

I have avira and Malwarebytes one my computer. I've ran them both in safe mode, and they don't really come up with anything. Avira found some exploits, but I removed those. When I look in task manager, it doesn't show any cpu usage, normally. It hover from about 0-5% when there aren't any other programs running.

I am using Windows 7, I have a ge force 9600 gt, the computer is about one year old, it has a Nvidia dual core 3.2 ghz, and I use a wireless adapter to connect to the internet.

Thanks again for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fEaR iTsElF510

fEaR iTsElF510

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:47 AM

First off, ur problem may be the fact you are running two active anti virus programs. Anti Virus programs/suites take a fair amount of system resources to run, ive tried running two and it slows down the system noticably. Personally i use Ad-Aware never had anything slip past it. Malware Bytes is also a trusted anti virus that should do the trick. If anti virus dosent do it, try system restore as long as you system settings havent changed dramatically. Just open quick start and type in system restore and it should pop up, follow the wizard and select the date of the restore, that is usually my last resort before a clean install. Remember to try and backup ur system when doing so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users