Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Use of COMODO with MSE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Frayed Knotss Phila.

Frayed Knotss Phila.

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:02 AM

Not that I HAVE conflicts, d'ye ken, it's that I'd prefer to evitiate same before they strike.

I'm running MSE (and LOVING it) on several dozen units: Where I work (WIN7 32 & 64)), at home(one XP SP3 PRO and a W7PRO64 ) and some friends confusers, one of whom simply will NOT hear me when I profess that MSE is, indeed, it's own firewall. He LOVES Comodo, has used it from v1.3 and refuses to get rid of it.

Now, it is my understanding (and if I was'na ready to be corrected I'd nae then be bent o'er thy desk like a new boy!) that the COMODO firewall will duplicate AND conflict with the MSE firewall and that it (Comodo, I mean) should be deleted and disabled (and be subjected to torture and denigrating experien....Ahh... sorry!) so it does not conflict with MSE's firewall setup (once set up, of course)

Corrections, excoriations and your abuse will all be gratefully received. (Please, Sir? May I have another??)

BRONI! Good creation, Old Son! Site does EXACTLY what it professes to do, unlike that other place...

Vinnie in Phillie

Edited by Frayed Knotss Phila., 18 February 2012 - 12:07 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the dummy

the dummy

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

Comodo when downloaded should turn windows firewall off. It is possible for comodos hips protection to conflict with mse's bb in the future. You would be better off getting rid of mse, and installing comodos antivirus, firewall with d+.

Edited by the dummy, 18 February 2012 - 06:18 PM.

#3 ranget

ranget

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:08 PM

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

tried it won't conflict

if you have any question i would recommend asking comodo
they have a better knowledge with their product

A big thanks to Dider Stevens

sorry for not being around