Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Application Error Hpqthb08.exe

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fried48

fried48

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:29 PM

Got rid of a bunch of crap... don't remember touching my hp files... but now I get this message on log on and I do notice my start up is slower... any kind suggestions would be appreicated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

Please give us a description of your system, what op system, what exactly is it that you got rid of, what you used to do it or did you just delete files yourself, and exactly what is happening including the exact error messages if any.

#3 fried48

fried48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 07:28 PM

Thank you for your reply. I am using Windows XP Home and I removed programs in the add/remove programs section of the control panel. I removed one photo editing program that may be related... it came with my Konica-Minolta digital camera. Once I am logged on I receive the application error message hpqthb08.exe. The message then says that the application failed to initialize properly (Ox0000135). I do have an HP printer which was installed before I installed the photo editing software. I have several, did not need another and was trying to free up space due to slow start ups. Only had the computer since Oct. and still should have lots of space. Thanks for your kind attention!

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 08:10 PM

I have found an article on your question. To give credit I will link it.

I believe this is the HP image zone fast start program. You should be able
to disable this program without affecting the HP Image Zone application. Just
run msconfig and uncheck the program listed under the startup tab.

BW

"soxwon56" wrote:

Click to show or hide original message or reply text.

> for about a week now, when i start up my PC
> I get a ox saying
> HPQTHB08.EXE
>
> Application failed to initalize properly
> (0xc0000135)
>
> what does this mean?
> How do i get rid of it?

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsg...c401f3684a4&p=1
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 fried48

fried48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:40 PM

:thumbsup: Thank you!!! It worked quickly and easily. I will me more careful next time when removing programs but know where to go if I ever need help again! This is an awesome help!

#6 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 09:51 PM

I am happy it worked out for you.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#7 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:28 AM

I am glad you found such a quick answer. I just wanted to add my 2 cents even though I am late to this party. :thumbsup:

I think the issue was simply that you uninstalled the program, but there were still remnants left behind. This is pretty common actually. One thing that was left behind was the entry that could be found in run > 'msconfig' > startup. This is a list of programs, that when checked, will start up (or at least try to start up) everytime you boot the computer. So, your computer was being told to start the program, and yet the guts of the program were missing, so it give you an error message ("failed to initialize" means it did not start up properly). By simply unchecking the appropriate box in run > 'msconfig' > startup the computer will no longer try to start the program.

Hope that explanation is clear!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#8 fried48

fried48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

Thank you Frankenstein, Bleepers are the most helpful people that I know!!!

#9 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:33 PM

One other thing:

It is good practice when deleting programs not to do more than one at a time.
Then reboot.

It makes it a lot easier to troubleshoot the causes that way.

#10 fried48

fried48
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for that... I will remember next time. I do have one more question. There seem to be quite a few boxes checked in that msconfig startup list. Can I eliminate some? Which are absolutely necessary? Perhaps if I list them.... so many, Alaunch SynTPLpr SynTPLnh SOUNDMAN AGRSMMSG Rundll32 keyhook IMJPMIG ImScInst TINTSETP (this is listed twice) PCMService QtZgAcer Check HPWuSchd2 REGSHAVE apdproxy jusched gcasServ QOELoader CAVTray CAVRID Ca MsnMsgr (hey I know this one!) msmsgs ypager (I never page anybody) Utility tray HP Digital Imaging... Exif Launcher Adobe Reader Spe... (don't imagine I need this on start up either) Well, that's my list.... I am aware that it will be an onerous task to respond to this.... I just need to keep what is necessary for effective, smooth start up. Thanks in advance to whichever knight comes to my rescue!

Edited by fried48, 19 February 2006 - 09:15 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users