Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Old workstation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:33 PM

Life can be funny!

I have been having trouble with my old workstation, a True workstation, an IBM Intelistation M with SCSI hard drive that has been playing up.

Hard drive and memory passed diagnostics, So I popped in a old 10K SCSI I pulled from a dead Dell Workstation (Precisionm 650) when a recap didn't fix it. ut a lot of software would no install. A new install of windows went ok bI had two of those one a recap fixed it so I upped the memory to 2Gb and stuck in a second Xeon processor. I sold that one for $199 and of course then The IBM started having propblems and me with no spare. Turns out one of the two 1Gb DDR was going bad, bluescreens and reboots and getting worse.

So now I only had used 256MB memory and it is running OK with 1.75Gb instead of the old 2Gb configuration.

Murphy never sleeps!

At least now I can put my spare laptop away until the next crisis. The laptop is actually a faster machine than the workstation but 19" trumps 15.4" Widescreen.

That's my lesson for the day, Just becaus ethe memory test passes substitue anyway.

Cheers
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 17 February 2012 - 06:34 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users