Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion dv4-1465dx

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alex93

alex93

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

I am working on a laptop for a customer and what is going on is that I have replaced the inverter board and screen and it is doing the same thing as before. It shows the HP logo and that it windows is starting and then just goes blank. I have tried an ultimate boot cd and I can see the menu but it is really dim. Could this be a video card issue or could it be not enough power to the inverter to power the screen on?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crashoveride420

Crashoveride420

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like the inverter is not getting the power that it needs, is there a chance that the inverter is faulty in any way??

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 12:28 PM

I would try another screen if you have one.

It sounds like you got a defective part and my suspicion is the screen as lighting and then going out is common for that.

OTOH although I've never seen it, since the inverter is controlled by the motherboard and gets its power through the motherboard........... Or you got the wrong inverter and it is shutting down to protect itself.

A simple test of screen and inverter swapping should show the source.

I actually had a Thinkpad where the screen was always dark that turned out to be the cable. In you case since the hP logo appears that rules that out.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 alex93

alex93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

This is the second screen I have tried. The first one was defective and this does the same thing as when the laptop came to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users