Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why do I have to keep signing in

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 wayne937

wayne937

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:15 PM

I noticed that if I don't come back to this website every few days, or so, I have to sign back in again even though I checked the bullet to keep me signed in. Why is this? Are we automatically signed out every so often if we don't come back on this site every so often. Thanks. I am a home computer user.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

No, you shouldn't be signed. If you are deleting your cookies on a periodic basis, though, that would cause this.

#3 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

Thanks Gringer for letting me know. I am not deleting cookies deliberately, It must be some program on my computer doing this without my knowledge. At this time I am not aware of what program could be doing it. I have Microsoft Security Essentials on this computer. I just checked the setting in MSE and I don't see where it tells anything about deleting, or saving cookie. I would like to take care of deleting cookies myself if I can find out what is deleting them. I have Window vista. Could it be some program that came with Vista that is causing this?

#4 Tim the Wizard

Tim the Wizard

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:58 PM

Yeah it sounds like a startup entry most likely. Check to see what is running by typing msconfig in the RUN bar. MSE doesnt have a setting to remove cookies so it could be a toolbar you may have installed.

#5 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Tim, I checked in msconfig but was not able to identify any program that would cause this. Windows defender is also turned off so that is not causing the problem either. I will keep googling to see if I can find out what is causing this. Thanks.

#6 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

No, you shouldn't be signed. If you are deleting your cookies on a periodic basis, though, that would cause this.

I was just gonna suggest he may be doing this (Probably w/o realising it)

If he checks REMEMBER ME he should stay logged in!!

Edited by 4dude, 17 February 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#7 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,718 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:31 PM

Wayne, what browser are you using?

#8 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Grinler, I am using IE 8.0 with vista as my operating system.

#9 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:57 PM

4Dude, I did check, remember me. This is why I can't figure out why I have to keep signing in. It seems to hold for a few days and then all a sudden it ask me to sign in again. I don't have any idea what program would be doing this.

#10 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

Do you have IE8 in private mode?? (It might be auto deleting your cookies)

What level do you have your INTERNET security zone??

Im on IE6 and if i put my INTERNET ZONE to "HIGH",no cookies are saved (Or put sites into the RESTIRCTED ZONE)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users