Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox 10.0.2 doesn't detect Flash Player 11

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

Browser: Firefox 10.0.2

The last version of Flash Player to work properly with Firefox was 10.3. I'm not quite certain what happened, but I believe the plugin attempted to update to version 11 and failed. Now every time I go to a site with Flash content, Firefox tells me I need to install FP 11 and offers to do it for me. I go through the plugin download, but after it downloads the plugin, the installation fails and it tells me it must be manually installed.

I then go to the Flash website. it detects my browser and gives me the correct download for Firefox and Windows 7 64-bit. I download and run the installer. It runs correctly and Flash Player 11 is fully installed on my computer. Google Chrome, which uses the same installation of Flash as Firefox, works properly with it. But Firefox still refuses to recognize it.

I have doublechecked the list of plugins under Firefox's Addons menu to see if the plugin needed to be manually enabled, and it isn't even listed!

Just today, I completely uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox, still with no results.

The only way for me to be able to use Flash right now would be to uninstall 11 and reinstall 10.

Help, please?

Thank you.

What is this Internet you speak of?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:38 AM

Maybe you're misinterpreting something. Flash is the same for IE and Chrome but different for Firefox. It has to be downloaded not through the Flash website but through Firefox addons. If it's not there, then you didn't do that. I know you think you did but your Firefox addons manager is telling you otherwise. So I don't think you added Flash to Firefox properly.

#3 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

Below is the direct download of Flash Player for Firefox on 64-bit systems. Save the file to your system, close all running programs (browsers, Instant Messagers etc.), then run the downloaded file.

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

Note about Chrome: Adobe Flash is directly integrated with Google Chrome and enabled by default. Available updates for Adobe Flash are automatically included in Chrome Browser updates.

==============================================

Useful Flash Player links for future reference:

Both 32 and 64-bit uninstallers: http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

---------------------

32-bit/64-bit: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_ax.exe

32-bit/64-bit for OTHER browsers: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player.exe

#4 OmegaWolf747

OmegaWolf747
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:10 PM

That was it.

What I don't understand is why Firefox wouldn't automatically download and install that plugin and why it would direct me to an incorrect download.

Thank you!

What is this Internet you speak of?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users