Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CPU OVERHEATING

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steven_jp

Steven_jp

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:50 AM

My i7-2600k has been overheating like mad. In-game on bf3 and others games I get about 86c. This was before with the stock cooler and after with my h60 I just bought. Idle is about 25c - 35c. The motherboard I have is the p8p67 evo and it automatically was set with 43x multiplier and auto for the vcore which rarely passes 1.3v I believe. Everything Seems to be seated correctly, I believe something in my bios might be incorrect which is giving me these temperatures? At 4.4ghz I shouldn't be getting these temps.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Steven_jp

Steven_jp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:48 AM

Just reseated it.. Goes to show you Stuff like that really does help lol. Running prime95 at 4.4ghz. Max temp i've seen is 62c for the last 10min and its generally around 57c. I hope everyone learns from my mistake. =]

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

Thanks for posting a situation and solution...that may help fellow members. Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users