Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win32k.sys Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 09:11 PM

Hello,

My computer has been blue screening randomly. It says...

0x0000008E(0xC0000005, 0xBF8029F8,0xB942FAF0,0x00000000)

Win32k.sys-Address BF8029F8 base at BF800000, DateStamp 43446a58

These blue screens have been becoming more frequent since it began. I dont know how to fix it, so i went reserching. I've tried 3 differnet trial programs to try to fix it, but I dont really know if it worked and need some help please, thank you. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 12:23 AM

See if this addresses the problem you are experiencing:
"Stop 0x0000008E" error message in Win32k.sys when you use the keyboard to access a program menu in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=834450

#3 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2006 - 06:44 PM

Yes it does tend to happen in cases like that, but some times it will blue screen just when on the internet, or when im not even doing anything...but I do not know if the error message is differnet in these other cases.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:48 AM

Stop messages that contain 0x0000008E (0x8E for short) can have many causes, but the most common cause is bad RAM.

TROUBLESHOOTING
If your computer has two sticks of RAM in it, then remove one and see if the problems persist. If they do, switch pieces and test again.

ALTERNATIVE
You can run the memory tester from Microsoft. It is free and available for download HERE.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:10 PM

Yes, I have 2 sticks of memory...I tried switching them to see if the problem persist, but all it did was blue screen before I could get to windows. I could not figure out how to get the memory tester working if you could help me out on that. Thank you!

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:38 PM

So, things have gotten worse? I thought you could boot the computer, but now you cannot without getting a blue screen?

Remove one stick of RAM and see if it will boot. If not, switch sticks and try again. Report back.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#7 Wolfbane898

Wolfbane898
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:11 PM

I got everything working now, I ended up wipeing my computer yesterday and everything's working fine now. Theres no blue screens or any other errors, and the memory tester works now. Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users