Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD drive won't recognize discs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 valerie586

valerie586

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:45 PM

CD Drive: HL-DT-ST CDRW/DVD GCC4244 ATA

Computer recognizes the drive, but no CD or DVD is recognized. When anything is inserted, the drive is completely silent. I try to open the drive, then it ejects the CD or DVD automatically.

I have uninstalled and rebooted....it automatically reinstalled upon rebooting, but no changes. I tried the Microsoft website automatic fix, but it didn't work either. Says the driver has the latest version.

Any help is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:33 AM

I have uninstalled and rebooted....it automatically reinstalled upon rebooting, but no changes.

Hi -
Can you please list exactly what you uninstalled, was it a program or the CD drive properties ??

What M/soft FixIt did you use to try and fix the problem ??

Thank You -

#3 valerie586

valerie586
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:20 AM

I went to device manager, right-clicked and clicked "uninstall" and then rebooted.

I went to the following link and ran the "Fix It"....it ran but at the end said it still new there was a problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems/en-us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users