Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer is infected

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 killa31

killa31

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 PM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:55 PM

Today, I started to use my PC and it was going very slow so I decided to browse this website to find anything that might be helpful. I have done all 7 steps to figure out if that would fix my PC and it still very slow. Ive downloaded superantispyware, Malwarebytes, Spybot, and have Eset as my antivirus, today it picked up a few virus's like babylon toolbar but then proceeded to delete them after many hours of scanning and scanning I still feel like my computer is very sluggish. Any help will do and thanks.
Edit 1. now when i scan with each of the software that I've listed i get no errors but computer is still slow. I've used the tdsskiller.exe also and it didnt pick anything up.

Edited by killa31, 16 February 2012 - 09:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Please post the complete results of your last MBAM scan for review (even if nothing was found).

To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.
  • Click the Logs Tab at the top.
  • The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd
    -- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.
  • Click on the log name to highlight it.
  • Go to the bottom and click on Open.
  • The log will automatically open in Notepad as a text file.
  • Go to Edit and choose Select all.
  • Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose Copy from there.
  • Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.
  • Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
If you have a previous log where any infections were detected/removed, please post that log too.

Please download and scan with the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool from one of the links provided below and save it to your desktop.
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3Be sure to print out and read the instructions provided in:How to Install Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
How to use the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool to automatically remove viruses
  • Double-click the setup file (i.e. setup_9.0.0.722_22.01.2010_10-04.exe), select your language and install the utility.
    Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • If you receive a UAC prompt asking if you would like to continue running the program, you should press the Continue button.
  • At the 'Setup page', click Next, check the box to accept the license agreement and click Next twice more to extract the required files.
  • Setup may recommend to scan the computer in Safe Mode. Click Ok.
  • A window will open with a tab that says Autoscan. Click the green Start scan button on the Autoscan tab in the main window.
  • If malware is detected, you will see the Scan Alert screen.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • After the scan finishes, if any threats are left unneutralized in the Scan window (Red exclamation point), click the Neutralize all button.
  • Place a checkmark in the Apply to all box, and click Disinfect if the button is active.
  • If advised that a special disinfection procedure is required which demands system reboot, click the Ok button to close the window.
  • In the Scan window click the Reports button, choose Critical events and select Save to save the results to a file (name it avptool.txt).
  • Copy and paste the report results of any threats detected. Do not include the longer list marked Events.
  • When finished, follow these instructions on How to uninstall Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2011.
-- If you cannot run this tool in normal mode, then try using it in "safe mode".

today it picked up a few virus's like babylon toolbar but then proceeded to delete them

Many toolbars, Add-ons, screensavers, and weather monitoring programs come bundled with other software and can be the source of various issues and problems to include Adware. They usually can be removed via Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7, so always check there first.

If using Firefox or Google Chrome, please refer to:

I still feel like my computer is very sluggish

How many applications are loading at startup when Windows boots? Almost all applications you install want to startup when Windows loads. If you allow all these startups, they will compete for and use system resources resulting in poor performance and a slow system. Many of these programs are not needed and disabling them can save resources and improve performance as they are available from Start > Programs or an icon on the desktop if needed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 killa31

killa31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:13 PM

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.02.16.02

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Bruces Desktop :: BRUCESDESKTOP [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

2/16/2012 6:37:24 AM
mbam-log-2012-02-16 (06-37-24).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 216787
Time elapsed: 7 minute(s), 52 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 0

(end)

#4 killa31

killa31
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

Here is the one where it picked up a virus but I think it might be a false positive but deleted anyway
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (Trial) 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.02.16.02

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Bruces Desktop :: BRUCESDESKTOP [administrator]

Protection: Enabled

2/16/2012 6:45:51 AM
mbam-log-2012-02-16 (06-45-51).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 439858
Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 50 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Orcs Must Die!\TDU5k.exe (Packer.ModifiedUPX) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Terraria\TDU.exe (Packer.ModifiedUPX) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Continue with the rest of the instructions.

Do you recognize those as legit files which were deleted?

If so, it is not unusual for an anti-virus or anti-malware scanner to be suspicious of compressed, archived, .cab, .rar, .jar, .iso, and packed files because they have difficulty reading what is inside them. These kind of files often trigger alerts by security software using heuristic detection because they are resistant to scanning (difficult to read). This resistance may also result in some scanners to stall (hang) on these particular types of files or just ignore (skip) them.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users