Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I surrender... I need serious help.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sinamon

Sinamon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

I have an HP G361-320 it is just two years old and as of last week I wiped the hard drive for 12th or 13th time in just a year and a half. I've had multiple problems, at different times. I had Trend Virus, than switched to Kaspersky virus, and now Microsoft security essitonals, System mechanics, CCleaner, Malware-bytes, as advised software to run to fix issues this was advised by a programmer a friend knew and by a major chain help desk that could not figure it out.The issues ranged from memory being sucked out in an instant, being redirected to other sites, programs just disappearing from my computer, files being emptied, a hijack at one point none of those programs including diagnostic checks from windows, HP etc could fix, if they did find something I followed the instructions to no avail. As of four weeks ago I wiped hard drive again and this time was the worst, from a new start with all updates done and no personal filea at all loaded the computer literally cut off my wireless connection nothing was able to find or fix it, it was stopping all above programs from running to find issue, would shut off my computer or keep me from certain sites (any site that involed help issues) including yours, it would not let me log into your site after registering, after weeks of searching I found that it was a virus that did just that, supposedly put up fake warnings to keep me from the real problems. Sorry this is so long, I'm just exhausted. so I wiped drive again last week still cannot log on wireless, now power cord keeps shorting out, when plugged in light does not engage Icon in tray shows connected but light for charging not on, it could take days to come on 50/50 chance if it works. so today after hours of trying I was able to charge battery and log on to this sight for the first time. This computer has at every start does different things even after clean wipe. I can't figure it out anymore, any time spent on here is researching problems. I do not chat, open any forwards, play any games add any apps. I will stop now because it goes on forever, if this doe'nt work I can only try to buy another new computer. Thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hello Sinamon and welcome to BC.

Sorry to hear your frustrations regarding your problematic computer. Let's see what we can do.

:step1: Download OTL by OldTimer from one of the links below:

Link 1
Link 2

• Save it to your desktop.
  • Close all open windows on the Task Bar.
  • Double click the OTL icon to run the program (run as Administrator for Windows Vista/7).
  • Put a check mark on Scan All Users.
  • Click the Run Scan button and let it run uninterrupted.
  • It will create two reports namely OTL.txt (will be opened) and Extras.txt (will be minimized).
  • Post the contents of both reports when you reply.
  • Exit OTL.

:step2: Please download aswMBR ( 511KB ) to your desktop.
  • Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
  • Click the Scan button to start the scan
  • On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
Note: Do not install Avast anti virus when offered.

Edited by sempai, 17 February 2012 - 02:06 PM.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

#3 sempai

sempai

noypi

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

~Semp

btn_donate_LG.gif
You can help me continue the fight against malware by making a donation, Thank you.

If I am helping you and I didn't reply within 48 hours... Please send me a private message.
Topics that are not replied within 5 days will be close. Please don't PM asking for support, post on the Forums instead.

Member of UNITE (Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users