Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Cannot Be Displayed

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 andrialyn

andrialyn

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

Hi guys! I remeber you helped me so much last time and I cannot thank you enough! :thumbsup:

This may not be anything that big but I cant access any proboard forums, none of them. At first I thought the site itself was down, but my friends are able to access them. I have tried every proboard link out there and none will work for ANY proboard site. Also I am able to access them at work. This first happened on saturday and then I was able to log on again yesterday. Now today it is doing it again? What do you think? thank you again.
I also want to mention that I have emptied my temp files and deleted cookies, and that did not work. I have scanned my comp with McAfee and Microsoft Anti spy, just in case.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 07:54 PM

I don't want to get in trouble for bumping this back up, so sorry if y'all get mad at me, I'm just feeling frustrated and I feel like I have tried everything and when I research on the internet I can't seem to find clear answers. I am not a computer genius and am afraid I will start messing my comp up. I trust the advice you give me and would appreaciate the help.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 08:52 PM

Are you getting any error messages. Are getting to any part of the site.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

No, I cannot get to one single proboard site. Its the only thing I seem to be having trouble with. THe only error message I get is Page Cannot be displayed cannot find server or DNS error. SO I downloaded one of those DNS fixer things, didn't work. :thumbsup:

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:43 PM

Give this a try:
WinSock XP Fix 1.2
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4372.html

#6 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:13 PM

hmmm that did fix something, just not what I was hoping for but thanks!

#7 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:54 AM

Hi there andrialyn

You may like to walk through the numerous steps found in BleepingComputer's own tutorial found here. It is not specific to your problem but i recommend that you try the steps and see if it breaks through your problem.

David

#8 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 11:09 AM

Hey D-Trojenater
I am trying to go thru the steps as suggested but when I get to the clear the auto complete history is becomes unresponsive and to end program. thank you for the advice tho.

#9 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:51 PM

Please try to carry on with the rest and let me know what happens at the end.
David

#10 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:40 PM

D-Trojanater
That did not seem to fix the problem. After the system scan nothing came up, so I am assuming that everything was ok?
THanks

#11 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 01:50 PM

Which browser are you using to do this?
David

#12 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:57 PM

Hello,The browser I am using at the moment is IE. I also have Mozilla Firefox intalled, and neither will bring up the page. I have ran ad-aware, spyblaster, trojan hunter, Mcafee. Just to be sure. Awhile ago I had the whole winfixer spy sheriff problem and seemed to be able to fix it. (thanks to you all) Do you think this has anything to do with that?

Edited by andrialyn, 19 February 2006 - 04:57 PM.

#13 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 05:42 PM

Sorry- Would also like to mention that I am getting the program not responding end now message alot and when it asks to send an error report I checked details and one of the files it is sending is C:\DOCUME~1\COMPQ~1\LOCALS~Temp\WER8c91.dir00\EXPLORE.EXE.mdmp. Could that mean anything?

#14 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 01:01 PM

I found this website here, i don't know if what the solution was there helps you at all. Have you tried clearing temporary files yet. Do you have the XP CD's?
David

#15 andrialyn

andrialyn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

hey there d-
I don't think that artical would help me. I think I give up. I have done everything. Yes I have deleted internet temp files, cookies, reset internet security. Restalled defaults. I have disaled fire walls, checked blocked pages, allowed the page. It is not a DNS error that I can see. I am able to ping the page, (theirs 67.15.54.55), ping my IP. So everything is working there. I called my ISP and went thru the steps they suggested, didn't work. Restored comp to previous state. Go here if you will support.proboards.com and look for a problem simular to mine. I was at work and accessed it from there and remember seeing something sim to my problem but cannot access that page now. (Yes I am in Florida, you'll see what I mean.)
To answer your question, yes I do have 1 windows xp cd. You know I am thinking its just not going to work and thats it.
THANKS!!!! I appreaciate your time and effort to help me.
Andria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users