Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is very very slow!! Need to restore but how!?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 PM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Alright so I have a HP media center pc m470n which is pretty old and is very very slow. If u want to know how slow... well... it takes 15-20 minutes to start, password screen, and for explorer to run. <_< :angry: I dont know why it goes soo slow (I have tried EVERYTHING) but i am thinking bout restoring it (i heard it fixes everything).
But here is the catch I dont have a recovery disc (i dont know where to buy it either.(i have checked online but all r for dell computers)) and both of my disc drives aren't working properly. I am running Windows Xp media center edition Version 2002 SP3 and my question is how can i restore it at this stage. Is there any way i can restore it without the disc , maybe a ISO on download which i can run through a external HHD? ANY HOPE for this desktop computer!?

PLZ HELP!
heres a pic (LOOK AT IT): http://s1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj545/sosolidj4tt1/?action=view&current=ya.jpg

Edited by sosolidj4tt, 16 February 2012 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Hi -
If we can have a quick look at the system, this may help to see any problems.

Please post a snapshot with Speccy -
How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy
This will not show personal information, just the operating system -

Thank You -

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 PM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Worth reviewing: Slow Computer-browser Check Here First; It May Not Be Malware - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic87058.html

HP Recovery Disks

Louis

#4 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

this is the Speccy link ----> http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gH7KJDRUf0PAEzCRbAdlUzG

Um... I acually just want to restore it because this computer isnt only slow but its registry is full of junk and it is going through lots of problems like ... u cant right click on an object or file.... or the explorer crashes :mellow:
So... instead of fixing all these problems (1 by 1) i like to just restore it.... (but again... my disc drive doesnt work properly either , can i just put it on a usb if so, how?!)

EDIT: I CHECKED HAMLUIS'S LINK TO THE RECOVERY DISCS BUT I ALREADY TRIED THT... I DONT KNOW WHY BUT THEY DONT HAVE TO PROGRAM TO MAKE THE DISCS... :angry: ONLY A UPDATE FOR THE PROGRAM...

Edited by sosolidj4tt, 17 February 2012 - 09:30 AM.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

Before you go into a panic about recovery disks check to see if your system has a built in reovery parition. If it does you can reinstall using that partition.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 sosolidj4tt

sosolidj4tt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

i dont have any other partion but my c drive, (it is suppose to by visible in "my computer") and i dont have any other program from hp for making a recovery cd... if u know where i can get the program for download plz tell!

#7 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:15 PM

Alright so I have a HP media center pc m470n which is pretty old and is very very slow. If u want to know how slow... well... it takes 15-20 minutes to start, password screen, and for explorer to run. <_< :angry: I dont know why it goes soo slow (I have tried EVERYTHING) but i am thinking bout restoring it (i heard it fixes everything).

While a system recovery may help in some cases, it does not and will not fix everything.

1) Insuffcient memory and low disk space. In the case of low disk space sometimes clearing the cache will be all that is needed.

2) Local Internet congestion

3) Faulty Network Equipment. Sometimes modems and routers do go bad and need to be replaced.

4) Service Provider Issues. Network or site maintenance.

5) Hardware failure or impending hardware failure. (motherboard/individual mb components, hard drive, memory, add-ons such as graphics and sound cards).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users