I need you to make a bootable usb and to make a screenshot for me - follow the instructions below to do this
How to create a bootable Puppy USB Drive
- Download and save a copy of the latest Puppy ISO file
- Download and save a copy of Unetbootin for Windows.
- Insert an empty formatted USB drive into a USB port on the computer that's being used to create the bootable USB.
- Launch Unetbootin ....
- Ensure that Disk Image is selected.
- Using the browse button ... browse to and select the Puppy ISO file.
- Ensure that Type: is set to USB Drive and that the Drive: letter corresponds to the USB drive.
- Click OK
Unetbootin will now copy the Puppy files to the USB and make it a bootable device.
You need to change the boot order of the computer to boot from a USB drive ....
- Read HERE for instructions how to do this.
Now boot into Puppylinux
when you get to the desktop Click on each of the drive items found in the bottom left corner to mount them (when mounted they will have a red cross next to them)
Next - Launch GParted which is found at Menu > System > GParted partition manager,
Click to select All Drives
then click Okay
I need you to take a screenshot of the window that opens up - to do this follow these instructionsTo take a screenshot in Puppy ....
With the GParted window open ...
- Click menu > Graphic > mtPaint-snapshot screen capture
- A small window will open ....
- Click Capture Now
- Click OK
- The mtPaint program will open ....
- Click File > Save
- Double click on ../
- Double click on mnt/
- Double click on sdb1/
- Set File Format to JPEG
- Enter screenshot1 into the text box
- Click OK
This will save a file screenshot1.jpeg into the USB drive, paste or attach this to your next post
- Click menu > shutdown > power off computer
- If prompted to save the session click on No
Puppy will now close down.
remove the usb and save it - we will use it again - boot back into windows and send me the screen capture
I Close My Topics If You Have Not Replied In 5 Days If You Will Be Longer Please Let Me Know
If I Have Not Replied To One Of My Topics In 48 Hrs Please Bump The Topic
My help is free, however, if you wish to make a small donation to show your appreciation or to help me continue the fight against Malware, then click here -->
<-- Don't worry every little bit helps.Proud Graduate Of Malware Removal University