Hello and welcome to the forums!
My secret agent name on the forums is SweetTech (you can call me ST for short)
, it's a pleasure to meet you.
I would be glad to take a look at your log and help you with solving any malware problems.If you have since resolved the issues you were originally experiencing, or have received help elsewhere, please inform me so that this topic can be closed. If you have not, please adhere to the guidelines below and then follow instructions as outlined further below:
- Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forums.
- Please make sure to carefully read any instruction that I give you. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.
- If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens, do NOT continue! Stop and ask!
- In Windows Vista and Windows 7, all tools need to be started by right clicking and selecting Run as Administrator!
- If I instruct you to download a specific tool in which you already have, please delete the copy that you have and re-download the tool. The reason I ask you to do this is because these tools are updated fairly regularly.
- Do not do things I do not ask for, such as running a spyware scan on your computer. The one thing that you should always do, is to make sure sure that your anti-virus definitions are up-to-date!
- Please do not use the Attachment feature for any log file. Do a Copy/Paste of the entire contents of the log file and submit it inside your post.
- I am going to stick with you until ALL malware is gone from your system. I would appreciate it if you would do the same. From this point, we're in this together ;)
Because of this, you must reply within three days failure to reply will result in the topic being closed!
- Lastly, I am no magician. I will try very hard to fix your issues, but no promises can be made. Also be aware that some infections are so severe that you might need to resort to reformatting and reinstalling your operating system.
Don't worry, this only happens in severe cases, but it sadly does happen. Be prepared to back up your data. Have means of backing up your data available.
It appears you're infected with an infection known as ZeroAccess.ZeroAccess (Max++) Rootkit (aka: Sirefef)
is a sophisticated rootkit that uses advanced technology to hide its presence in a system and can infect both x86 and x64 platforms. ZeroAccess is similar to the TDSS rootkit but has more self-protection mechanisms that can be used to disable anti-virus software resulting in "Access Denied" messages whenever you run a security application. For more specific information about this infection, please refer to:NEXT: One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan and password stealer.
This type of infection allows hackers to access and remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.I highly suggest you take a look at the two links provided below:
If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it contains any other sensitive information, then from a clean computer, change all passwords where applicable.
It would also be wise to contact those same financial institutions to appraise them of your situation.
1. How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?
2. When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.NEXT:Running TDSSKiller
Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here
and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature and Detect TDLFS file system, then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
- Ensure SKIP is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- Note: Do not choose Cure or Delete unless instructed.
A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt"
. Please copy and paste its contents on your next reply.NEXT:Farbar Service Scanner
Please download Farbar Service Scanner
and run it on the computer with the issue.
NEXT:Running OTLWe need to create an OTL Report
- Make sure the following options are checked:
- Internet Services
- Windows Firewall
- System Restore
- Security Center
- Windows Update
- Press "Scan".
- It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.
- Please copy and paste the log to your reply.
NEXT:Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:
- Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:
- Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the icon on your desktop.
- Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.
- Push the button.
- Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:
- OTL.txt <-- Will be opened
- Extras.txt <-- Will be minimized
1. Any comments or questions you may have that you'd like for me to answer in my next post to you.It would be helpful if you could answer each question in the order asked, as well as numbering your answers.
2. TDSSKiller log.
3. Farbar Service Scanner log.
4. OTL.txt & Extras.txt logs.
5. An update on how your computer is currently running.
Please let me know how the above scans go.
Edited by SweetTech, 17 February 2012 - 09:48 AM.