Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removing Internet Explorer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LucyGoose

LucyGoose

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:55 PM

I have both Firefox and IE browsers on my PC.
I prefer and use Firefox. The conflict I run into is when on a site I am asked to or need to 'Send a Message' in goes to IE mail, and won't send. Instead of opening my Hotmail acct used with Firefox. Can\if , I safely uninstall EI, will that eliminate the problem. ? Or how to I change the preference for the mail. Tks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucyGoose

LucyGoose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

I prefer and use Firefox. The conflict I run into is when on a site I am asked to or need to 'Send a Message' in goes to IE mail, and won't send. Instead of opening my Hotmail acct used with Firefox. Can\if , I safely uninstall EI, will that eliminate the problem. ? Or how to I change the preference for the mail. Tks

Thank you to anyone who took the time to listen to me.

I think I solved my mail issue, by going into 'Add &remove Programs, accessibility, and changing my default mail from Outlook to Windows Live.

But I would still like to uninstall EI, I don't use it and it must take up a lot of space does it not. Tks again

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

How about use this method: http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/et_free_hotmail.htm

Download Thunderbird and follow this guide: http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/et_free_hotmail.htm

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thank you to anyone who took the time to listen to me.

I think I solved my mail issue, by going into 'Add &remove Programs, accessibility, and changing my default mail from Outlook to Windows Live.

But I would still like to uninstall EI, I don't use it and it must take up a lot of space does it not. Tks again

You can't uninstall Internet Explorer. It's a native part of Windows. We've seen users try to do that. They ignore all the warnings and mess up their computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users