Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recover a single file from phone memory stick

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 carwash

carwash

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:43 AM

Hi, yesterday I accidentally deleted a photo file(just one jpg file) from my phone, after that I took another pictures, movies and downloaded some files and save them all to the same memory stick until it was full. I just realize after that that I have deleted one of the most importance photo.

is it possible to recover that one single file from my phone memory stick?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 17 February 2012 - 11:42 AM

The prognosis if you filled the memory stick is not good.

If you can see the phone when plugged into the computer? Then you could try Recuva which is free from
http://www.piriform.com/recuva

Accidentally deleted an important file? Lost something important when your computer crashed? No problem! Recuva recovers files deleted from your Windows computer, Recycle Bin, digital camera card, or MP3 player. And it's free

I tried it out and it was simple to use. But it is a windows program and you need to be able to see the memory stick as a drive letter.

Also I would not put anything on or off of that memory as that would lower the chances of recovery.

Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 darenso

darenso

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:30 AM

Chances are there to recover your deleted files from the phone memory stick, BUT - NOT 100% chances as there are quite a lot of factors influencing the recovery results such as partial data overwritten, file damage etc.

First things first - immediately stop using the phone memory stick to store new data!

Also, for data recovery software, PhotoRec also is a reliable yet free program to give a shot.

Hope this helps, regards!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users