Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows can not load user profile

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmount1068

jmount1068

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

When logging on it says unable to load user profile,but the profile is there when I log into Administator account,how do I get it to recognizemy account I normally use? Everything was working fine untill I went to reboot my Dell Vosstro 220 running Vista SP2 with all latest updates..It went to startup repair,and after awhile I was dirrected to restart the computer.When it restarted,it went to a temporary user profile named after the one it normally boots to,except there was 3 0s and temp after the profile.So the desktop icon were almost all gone and when you run a temp profile nothing is saved to it when you use it..I logged on the administator account and under C:\computer\users was my account I normally use along with 2 temp accounts.One was exactly like my normal account(MountainMan),but with temp000 after it.I went to Microsoft Answers and it said to go into regedit and find the profiles under machine\software\microsoft \windows NT\profiles and change the names of the 2 accounts supposely so it wouldn't load up the Temp account.I followed the directions to a T and it all went well except now it doesn't load the Temp file,it just says windows was unable to load user profile.I have to hit Control ,Alt,Del to bring up Task Manager and type in Administator and password which works fine.When I clck on administrator,it brings up the screen with everything on the computer.MountainMan used to be there below administrator,but is gone.If I go down to users in a subcatigory under computer and users it lists all theaccounts I shouyld be able to access.All the info is there,it just doesn't seem to see it as a profle account to load up.I always had it set up to start up on MountainMan account without a password.Now it takes forever to load the administrator account.It also has to be typed in everytime instead of remembering the accounts.How can I get MountainMan to load again?The info is there,but doesn't seem to know the location anymore.Even when I type in MountainMan it just says unable to load user profile.I don't know if the typing in the account name is the same problem or if I have 2 problems.I would greatly appriciate any help to fix this situation.jmount1068@hotmail.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Typically...when a temporary profile is used, I interpret that as indicating that the regular profile has become damaged.

Vista, Fix Damaged Profile

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users