Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows installation won't begin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zgig72

zgig72

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:53 AM

Hey there,

I am trying to install windows 7 from dvd on a hdd previously used as a second drive for space. I got a computer from work that didn't have an hdd and so just plugged it in. I set the bios to boot from the dvd drive but after the bios loads, it goes to a black screen with 2 numbers at the bottom right. They flash for a bit and then settle on 94 and it just hangs there indefinitely. I have absolutely no idea how to proceed here. I have tried resetting the bios settings but nothing seems to get me past this point. Any idea what is causing this?

Intel core 2 duo
Intel Mb (can look up specifics if it helps)
western digital drive
Just on board graphics for now

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zgig72

zgig72
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:14 AM

Bump for ideas? I could find nothing like this in these forums or online.

Edited by zgig72, 16 February 2012 - 03:46 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

<<I am trying to install windows 7 from dvd on a hdd previously used as a second drive for space. I got a computer from work that didn't have an hdd and so just plugged it in.>>

Questions:

Are you saying that you are trying to install Win 7 on a system that does not belong to you?

What is the origin of this DVD you are trying to use for the install?

System manufacturer and model?

What version of Windows 7?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users