I'm so mad! I was going to try the following which I found on AVG forums which led me here to bleepingcomputer.com:
1. Open Internet Explorer. If the shortcut is hidden, pelase Select Run... from the Start Menu or just hit the key combination CTRL+R on your keyboard. In the Open: field, enter iexplore.exe and hit Enter or click OK.
2. Download and run Rkill.exe http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/rkill
3. Download Unhide.exe and run it http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe
4. Use TDSSKiller http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe
5. Scan your computer with anti-malware software.
Finally, as many rogues and other malware are installed through vulnerabilities found in out-dated and insecure programs, UPDATE WINDOWS AND other software.
I hope this helps. Peace!
But I want to wait and have my husband do this as he is more computer-savvy.
I won't be able to have him look at it until tomorrow afternoon.
My question is... what should I do with my computer in the meantime?
All of my icons on desktop are hidden. I have a bunch of stupid windows popping up, critical errors, "files indexation process failed" blah blah blah.
Should I try to completely shut down my computer? Or should I leave it the way it is and just wait for him to reboot tomorrow?
please help me.
Edited by idas, 15 February 2012 - 10:07 PM.