Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ripping a TON of CD's - Need software to automate tags

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JesterDev

JesterDev

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:34 PM

I need to rip a ton of CD's for a client, he is non-verbal but loves his music. We just bought him an ipod in the hopes
that it will be easier for him because we don't have to keep changing CD's. I have not ripped CD's in a long time, but
what I remember is having to edit all the tagsmyself. I'm hoping that by now there is some software that can search for
the tags and add them automatically.

Is there such a thing? I have about 250 CD's that I need to rip and I am not looking forward to tagging all these
songs.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 15 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

haven't done this in a while either but CDex would connect to CDDB (CD data base) and tag everything if it was store bought CD.
Windows media player can even do it today. iTunes can rip to .m4a. Look for something that can connect to the CDDB.

Winamp. always liked Foobar2000

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:13 AM

I just got done ripping my collection of CDs (I'm a big collector) and this really shouldn't be a problem -- as long as we're talking about actual, commercial CDs. Most packages I know of will check an online database and tag your files appropriately for titles, artist, genre, etc. I had a handful of obscure CDs that weren't in the database and I had to enter by hand, but the vast majority went through fine. I used EAC for most of my CDs, but other programs should do this just as well.

BTW, you're ripping to MP3, right? Some formats, like WAV, don't accept tags.

Best of luck to your client.

#4 JesterDev

JesterDev
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:08 AM

Yes they are all commercial CD's. Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it and my client, I hope will enjoy his new ipod. Looks like this might be easier than it was last time I ripped my own collection.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users